Sometimes I think I have too many hobbies. From undergrad, it was dance, baking, food adventuring… First year of med school, Felicia and I made Y-2 to keep up with dance, but also started running (and banana chasing- shoutout to fellow chefs Taytay and Jkoh😋). Now in second year, I set a few new goals: read at least 5 books, go to the beach every month, and diligently train for a half marathon. All this plus caving into Game of Thrones, it’s getting hard to keep up! But after realizing my last post was almost a year ago, I might as well add another goal: publish at least 5 posts on Pancake Yancake (oh gosh that reminds me, I still need to become Yelp Elite 🙈). Cheers- to rainy weeks and hobbies.
Makes 20 cookies
- 1 1/2 cup ground graham crackers (1 pack in standard 3 pack-box)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened at RT
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 20 large marshmallows
- 20 pieces of milk or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (use a blender to easily grind the graham crackers).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Beat in the vanilla extract, followed by the egg until fully combined.
- In two portions, add the dry mixture to the wet, each time beating until the dough is just combined.
- Rest the dough in the fridge for 3 minutes.
- Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet (will likely need to bake in two batches).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes (meanwhile, prep second batch on another baking sheet).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and push a marshmallow into the centers (dough should indent but not smush- if smushes, return the cookies back to the oven for another 1-2 minutes before adding the marshmallows).
- Change the oven to high broil and let the marshmallows toast for another 2 minutes (or until toasted).
- Finally, remove the cookies from the oven and immediately smush the puffed, toasted marshmallows with pieces of milk or dark chocolate.
- Before baking the second batch, let some of the high broil air escape from the oven (~10 sec). Return the oven to 350 °F and repeat steps 7-10.