The days are long, but the years are short. As relieved as I am to have the pledge-like experience of learning the entire human anatomy in eight weeks behind me, I’m also bittersweet about how quickly my first two months of medical school have flown by. I was able to keep up with dance as study breaks, but Pancake Yancake has been neglected for far too long. So in the spirit of October (OCTOBER?!), I whipped up this classic fall comfort: pumpkin cream cheese muffins!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
For the muffins
- 1 3/4 cup (210 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cream cheese topping
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the cream cheese topping; beat vigorously until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, brown sugar, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract).
- Add the dry mixture to the wet; mix until just combined (use a rubber spatula to ensure the bottom and sides get thoroughly mixed).
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tray, filling each liner about 3/4 way full. Top each with about a tablespoon of the cream cheese topping, using the back of a spoon to flatten it out slightly over the batter. Bake for 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins”
Gorgeous recipe and post!
This post would make a great addition to Our Growing Edge, a monthly blog link up just for new food adventures. It’s a fun way to share your new food experiences with other foodies. This month’s theme is HALLOWEEN which includes treats, pumpkins or black and orange dishes.
More info including how to submit your link here: http://bunnyeatsdesign.com/our-growing-edge/
Omg this looks amazing