When I think holiday cookies, I think of Peanut Butter Blossoms. This cookie type was first introduced to Felicia and I when our now sister-in-law brought over a homemade plateful one middle school Christmas and they’ve been our traditional holiday cookie ever since. But with Christmas already past and New Year’s just around the corner, I decided to satiate my annual craving with a much healthier version to keep in line with that ubiquitous New Year’s resolution. With just two dry and four wet ingredients and no mixer needed, this recipe is super simple yet oh so satisfying!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Blossoms
Makes ~16 cookies
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (salted)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 16 Hershey’s milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until homogenous. Chill dough in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- To form the cookies, scoop out a 1 tbsp of dough at a time and roll into balls. Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with a Hershey’s kiss.
Keep leftover dough in the fridge and it’ll be just as good the next day!