Chrysanthemum bubble tea, strawberry lavender doughnuts, lychee rose Ispahans… What can I say? I just fancy floral flavors in my food. In fact, ever since having a Laduree Ispahan in Paris last summer, lychee and rose has been one of my favorite flavor combinations. But for those like me who want a much simpler way to get that flavor combo without the fuss of making macaron shells (or flying to Paris!), let me present:
Angelic Lychee Rose Cream Trifle
Makes 8 servings
- 1 box of angel food cake mix (plus 1 1/4 cup water as stated on box)
- 16 fresh lychees
- 8 oz lite cool whip
- 1-2 tsp rose water (depending on how rosy you’re feeling)
- 1 drop red food color
- Prepare and bake angel food cake as instructed on the box. Let cool before cutting into cubes.
- Peel and pit lychees into sizable segments.
- Mix together cool whip, rose water, and food color.
- Assemble trifle in layers starting with the angel food cake cubes, followed by a rose cream layer, and topped with fresh lychee. Repeat as many times as your vessel dictates (you’ll probably end up with extra angel food cake).
Enjoy and meanwhile take some time to stop and smell the roses. ^_^
2 thoughts on “Angelic Lychee Rose Cream Trifle”
Reblogged this on The Lux Life – Fashion Collection.