This recipe came to be as part of our pantry clean-out amidst the flurry of finals season. We had originally bought frozen strawberries for smoothie-making purposes, but that plan didn’t end up coming to fruition, as the bag of strawberries was still in our freezer a semester later… With a pantry stocked full of leftover chocolate and all the standard baking ingredients needed, we were well equipped to make… strawberry brownies! And be forewarned, this was finals week, and we weren’t in the mood to skimp. These brownies are pure INDULGENCE.
Makes 16 pieces
- 180 g Hershey’s Kisses (dark + milk combo)
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 140 g flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 170 g semisweet chocolate chips
- 40 g chopped walnuts
- 400 g frozen strawberries
- Melt Hershey’s Kisses, butter, and sugar in a pot, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature
- Add eggs, flour, and cocoa powder and combine
- Mix in chocolate chips, walnuts, and strawberries (reserve 16 strawberries)
- Pour batter into a 9×9 in. pan
- Place reserved strawberries in a 4×4 grid into the batter
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 min and indulge!